20 Reasons Sugar Could Be Ruining Your Children’s Health
We’ve all heard the statement “sugar is bad for you”, but what are the specifics? Well, Nancy Appleton PhD & G.N. Jacobs compiled a list of 144 reasons why sugar could be ruining your health, and your family's health, and it’s very sobering.
We’ll take a look at 20 of the reasons that relate to children’s health. This list was excerpted from “Suicide by Sugar: A Startling Look at Our #1 National Addiction.”
1) Sugar can suppress the immune system.
2) Sugar can contribute to the reduction in defense against bacterial infection (infectious diseases).
3) Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children.
4) Sugar can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline levels in children.
5) Sugar can cause tooth decay.
6) Sugar can contribute to obesity.
7) Sugar can be a factor in asthma.
8) Sugar can cause food allergies.
9) Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.
10) Sugar can be the #1 enemy of the bowel movement and contribute to constipation.
11) Sugar can contribute to learning disorders and adversely affect school children's grades.
12) Sugar can cause depression.
13) A diet high in refined sugar can reduce learning capacity.
14) Decrease in sugar intake can increase emotional stability.
15) Sugar can worsen the symptoms of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
16) In juvenile rehabilitation centers, when children were put on a low sugar diet, there was a 44% drop in antisocial behavior.
17) Sugar can affect the brain’s ability to deal with rewards and consequences.
18) Sugar can play a role in the etiology and the continuation of acne.
19) Sugar saps school performance in children.
20) Sugar can cause fatigue, moodiness, nervousness and depression.
You can find the full list of 144 reasons here: https://nancyappleton.com/141-reasons-sugar-ruins-your-health/